NOVEMBER 5, 2013 ELECTION RESULTS ARE POSTED UNDER RECENT ELECTION RESULTS - SEE LEFT HAND INFORMATION BAR
The Registrar of Voters office manages all elections’ processing in the Town of Glastonbury by ensuring the accuracy of the voters registry list and preparedness of the election officials and voting tabulators, in accordance with the CT State Statutes, per the Administration of the Secretary of the State.
Each year, the Registrar of Voters
- Maintain and update voter registraton information with regard to address/name/party changes and communicate acceptances of these changes to voters;
- Conduct annual canvass of voters each January through May 31;
- Attend ROVAC and Secretary of the State Conferences to receive their continued education;
- Conduct a High School voter registration session before June;
- Train election officials on their duties and responsibilities before each election; and,
- Implement new election laws as adopted by CT State Legislature and/or Congress.
See the Secretary of the State’s website for more detailed information.
Goals and Objectives
Our office will continue to educate voters on the use of the new Optical Scan Tabulators in order to run smooth and successful Elections. We have consolidated Glastonbury's voting districts to help save on our election costs and to improve handicap accessibility at the polls.
Last updated: 12/10/2013 9:31:25 AM